No matter what type of flooring you have in your home – whether it’s carpeting, hardwood, vinyl, marble or ceramic tile – the easiest way to keep it debris free is vacuuming. But it can be confusing to know which type of vacuum works best and is the easiest to use. The biggest decision you will have to make is whether to choose a bagged vacuum cleaner or a bagless vacuum cleaner.
You will want to research the pros and cons of each type before you decide, so the following outlines the key benefits and concerns with each kind.
Bagged Vacuum Cleaners
Most households have traditionally used vacuum models with replaceable bags to collect dust and dirt. Here are some of the pros and cons of these models.
- The replaceable bags collect and trap dirt and allergens so they can’t escape.
- Whatever becomes trapped in the bag stays contained when it needs to be emptied.
- Many models with vacuum bags are able to hold up to a few pounds of dirt.
- Because a filter is built into the bag, you don’t have to clean one.
- Most vacuum bags are easy to remove and replace.
- Most vacuum bags cannot be reused so you will have the cost of replacing them.
- You will need to check how full the vacuum bag is as it will be less effective if it is too full.
- From time to time replacement bags will be discontinued as models are updated so you will have to shop around for a new replacement that fits.
- Depending on how often you vacuum and the amount of dust and dirt, you will have to replace vacuum bags more frequently.
- It is less convenient to have to change bags during cleaning which will be more time consuming.
Bagless Vacuum Cleaners
Today there are many more choices when it comes to bagless vacuum cleaners. Some don’t even require you to operate them; like robots they can clean while you’re even at work during the day.
- First, you won’t have to change your vacuum bag while vacuuming or have to buy replacement bags.
- If you don’t have to replace vacuum bags regularly, the bagless model can be more affordable.
- Some bagless models have a highly efficient particle air (HEPA) filter which could last for up to six months without having to be changed.
- There is less of an impact to our environment with bagless vacuums as there is no need to dispose used bags on a regular basis.
- It takes less time to empty bagless vacuums.
- Filters in bagless vacuum cleaners will periodically need brushing, washing and drying.
- Occasionally, HEPA filters in some bagless vacuum cleaners will have to be changed.
- When you have to empty a bagless vacuum some dust and debris will escape into the air.
- If dirt escapes when emptying the bagless cleaner, you will have to vacuum it up again.
Which Vacuum Model is Best for You?
So once you understand the pros and cons of each type of vacuum cleaner, you can decide what will work best for you and your home. The type that will work best depends on your needs, including your floors, habits, lifestyle, budget and if any family members have allergies.
If your busy lifestyle doesn’t allow the time to vacuum as often and as thoroughly as you would like, then it’s time to consider hiring a professional cleaning company. The money you save in purchasing an efficient vacuum, whether with or without bags, can go towards a cleaning service that will save you valuable time and give you peace of mind.
Maid Spotless Cleaning Services offers a full suite of professional house cleaning services in Albany and the Greater Capital Region.